Sundyne Corporation Standard Product Warranty Policy and Procedure
For orders placed with Sundyne in Arvada, Colorado. Orders placed with Dijon will follow SISA warranty policy.
EFFECTIVE DATE: JANUARY 1, 2013
REV: B AFFECTED MODELS: All Product Lines
Sundyne Corporation warrants to Buyer for a period of 12 months from the date of being placed in service (but not to exceed 18 months after the date of shipment) that the equipment at the time of shipment will be free from defects of material and workmanship. If any defects or mal-performance occur during the warranty period, Sundyne Corporation’s sole obligation shall be limited to alteration,repair or replacement at Sundyne Corporation’s expense of parts or equipment which upon Sundyne Corporation’s examination prove to be defective. Buyer is responsible for all costs to return equipment to the factory. If the warranty claim is validated, then repaired or replacement equipment will be shipped from the factory DAP (Incoterms 2010). Equipment and accessories not manufactured by Sundyne Corporation are warranted only to the extent of and by the original manufacturer’s warranty.Sundyne Corporation shall not be liable for damage or wear to equipment caused by abnormal conditions, vibration, improper lubrication, failure to provide proper inlet conditions or flow, corrosives, abrasives or foreign objects. THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. In no event shall Sundyne Corporation be liable for consequential or incidental damages.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
- Contact Sundyne Factory Service Department by phone: +1-303-425-0800 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org. Sundyne has Authorized Service Centers (ASCs) established around the world. They may be a more convenient option for returning the goods for a warranty assessment. ASCs are listed on the Sundyne website: www.sundyne.com.
- Obtain return material authorization number (RMA No.).
- Tag hardware or package with RMA No. and return to factory for inspection. Transportation charges to factory to be borne by customer.
- If replacement of hardware is required before the warranty claim inspection is performed, a provisional purchase order will be required.
- If the customer decides that returning hardware is not possible or convenient and requests a Field Service Representative to travel to their site, the following conditions apply:
- Purchase order is required in advance of travel.
- If warranty claim is validated, customer pays cost of Field Service Representative’s travel and living expenses only.
- If warranty claim is not validated, customer pays both expenses and service fees per current Field Service Rate Sheet.
- If Field Service Representative was called to site for a purpose other than a warranty investigation (e.g., startup) and a warranty claim arises in the process, service time will be prorated accordingly.
6. At Sundyne’s discretion, photographs demonstrating the claim may be used for a warranty evaluation in cases where return of equipment is determined unnecessary.
www.sundyne.com Questions? Call 303-425-0800 or email email@example.com ISO 3004 Rev I
Title: Sundyne Corporation Standard Product Warranty Policy and Procedure Rev: B Bulletin No. 40.2.45 Page 2 of 2
WARRANTY FREIGHT POLICY
- Customer is responsible for freight costs and shipment of goods to the factory or an Authorized Service Center. Sundyne will ship all warranty orders under DAP (Delivered At Place) Incoterms 2010.
- This policy applies to all domestic and international shipments, including shipments bound for other Sundyne divisions or Channel Partners.
- Any exceptions to this freight policy require written approval by the Aftermarket Services Manager or the Director of Product Management.
- No backcharges for warranty work will be accepted or paid without pre-approval by the Field Service Manager.
- A written cost estimate must be submitted to the Sundyne Field Service Manager prior to any work being started.
- A backcharge invoice or summary including a detailed breakdown of all charges (labor and materials) must be submitted to the Sundyne Field Service Manager within 90 days of approved warranty work being performed.
- Any shelf parts consumed in warranty repair will be replaced rather than refunded.
- Sundyne reserves the right to reject any final costs that are 10% or more above the original approved estimate.
RE-WARRANTY OR EXTENDED WARRANTY
Customers anticipating delayed startup of new equipment must negotiate terms for a re-warranty or warranty extension during the quotation stage of the order. If a unit has been shipped from the factory under our standard warranty and a warranty extension or renewal is subsequently desired, contact the Sundyne Field Service department for determination of whether a warranty extension beyond our standard warranty policy can be granted.
FACTORY OVERHAULED EQUIPMENT
Warranty on a unit returned to the factory for repair and return to the customer will be limited to the new components installed during the rebuild. In effect, it is the standard warranty as applied to spare parts.
It should be noted, however, that a rebuilt gearbox purchased through our exchange program carries the standard new equipment warranty.
Disassembly of a unit does not void the product warranty; however, unauthorized attempts by the customer to repair defective parts will render the warranty void.
The product warranty applies to new equipment, exchange gearboxes, and spare parts.